Posted on March 9, 2017 at 3:40 PM
I have always been a fan of oriental food however hibachi style fried rice is on the top of my list of favorites. This week I came up with my own healthy version with a cauliflower base and it was amazing and full of veggies, protein and healthy fats! I hope you will give it a try!
- two cups of cauliflower rice (I like the "Green Giant" brand)
- one cup of organic mixed veggies (thawed)
- 1/2 cup of a diced, yellow onion
- one egg (scrambled)
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tsp of garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 tsp of crushed bay leaves
- 1 tsp of crushed basil
- a few grinds of seasalt and black pepper
Steam the cauliflower rice for two minutes in the microwave. Then (while that steams), add the egg to the heated sesame oil in a frying pan scramble it. Then, toss in the cauliflower, mixed veggies and onion and sautee on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Lastly, add the garlic, bay leaves, basil and salt and pepper and sautee for another 5 minutes. Then, all that is left is to eat up and ENJOY your healthy creation!